Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One-Malaysian-ness

Yesterday I went to the Post Office to invest in Amanah Saham 1Malaysia.

With form filled, Mykad photostated and money in hand I waited patiently. As my number was called and the person behind the couner checked my form they looked intently at me and asked what my race was.... hahaha.... cruel joke.... Here we are trying to recognize every culture under the Malaysian sun and happily categorizing people... and here I am, poor un-categorizable persun I am, trying hard to explain that I beong in the "dan lain-lain" (others) column as I do not fit the criteria of the rest. Yes... Race : Others.

The best part there was NO "dan lain-lain" so I waited for them to find a recent letter they received to tell them what category code number I belong to. Finally the computer accepted me...

I belong to a minority race. Laughable at best. No I do not want to stir racial tension. No I do not want to fight for my Irish-Australian-Chinese-Malaysian rights. But yes I want to be a part of bangsa Malaysia where there is no racial segregation.

So "dan lain-lain" it is until the day we truly acheive one-Malaysian-ness.....

Peace, Love and Respect,
Jenn

No comments: