Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Square Pegs, Round Holes….

“Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.”

When talking to friends I always hear complaints about people they work with that do not complete work properly, do not go the distance, do not care. It got me thinking that I am lucky to be doing something that I AM passionate about, I BELIEVE in. I am also passionate about my photography and diving. I back a football team that I support with a passion.

Because I am passionate about what I do therefore I will probably ACHIEVE more than a person who doesn’t care.

I’m not saying that I didn’t have to try something to find out if I liked it or not. I tried marketing but found out that music was my passion. I tried sky diving but figured out that scuba diving was my passion. Passion and purpose go hand in hand. When you discover your PURPOSE, you will normally find it’s something you’re tremendously passionate about.

Recognizing what you love is NOT enough. It isn’t passion without commitment, without intimacy, without self-giving… that is why passion is that one step further.

In Malaysia we grow a culture of square pegs in round holes and inevitably the “tidak apa la / chin chai lor“ attitude. People doing things they really don’t WANT to be doing but rather NEED to be doing. Sometimes pushed by the necessity to survive, sometimes pushed by others, sometimes just being unfocused. But they live with complacency and have a tendency to accept things…no reaction, no questions asked, no reasons given… I find a strong lack of passion missing in Malaysians in general…. the want to do more, the need to make a difference, the pride of place.

We should constantly need to..... want to strive for better, reach higher, achieve more but this is impossible without passion. We need that fire that comes from inside to propel us to accomplish things that we only dream about.
I'm not talking about just work I'm talking about everything we do in our lives.... work, love, life should be passionate...

“If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you.”

For everyone my wish for you is that you find your passion…..

Peace, Love and Respect,
Jenn

No comments: