Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Football Season is now OPEN!

Ah... football season is finally back.. and just in time too Saturdays and Sundays are never the same without the EPL (I'm sure all the mamaks feel the same way!).

There's something extremely bonding about a bunch of people that support the same club and the friendly (sometimes not) rivalry against opposition teams.

I'm one of those crazy people that believes you must experience things at least once (and I'm ONLY talking about the good stuff NO drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and other vices that shall remain nameless). So a couple of years ago I decided to, after AIM, pack my bags and make my pilgrimage to the Emirates, home of my team Arsenal, for the last home game of the season. As luck would have it, it was a Premier League A++ match, london derby, Chelsea vs Arsenal no less! It was a match where it would decide the outcome of the season. Chelsea win they win the champion-ship, Arsenal win Manchester United take the crown.

If you are a football fan you should save up and make the trip to see at least one match on home ground... it is magic.
The day before I did the Emirates Tour and did all the cheesy stuff, sat in the VIP stands, sat in the team box, experienced coming out of the tunnel, see the team dressing room and the outrageous hydro spa and then spent every cent I had in the Arsenal Shop.... but all in all an experience not to be missed.

On the day of the match as I watched as the stadium filled with 60,355 people 90% of these were home fans and there was an electrifying air of excitement. Fans were all dressed in their colour with scarves, cheering, singing and when you hear the English Premier League Song played and the announcement of your home team the roar of the stadium is unbelievable.. it is a feeling of euphoria.
So all you football fans dust off your scaves, buy your 2009/10 jerseys or wear your old ones and hang on to your hats... the English Premier League is back in action!


No comments: